Background

Sunday, June 20, 2010

What's In a Name?

Hello and Welcome to my little neck of the internet. Pull up a chair and grab a cup of coffee while we slip back in time to a simpler way of life. With all the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives, it's easy to overlook the simple things in life that bring us joy, allow us to reflect on the past and take pleasure in the present. This is your stop to get a little dose of simplicity in your day's hectic schedule.
Allow me to share with you how this blog started and just what is in a name. Almost a year ago I opened an Etsy Shop, http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieWindDesigns. It has been a wonderful experience that I continue to grow with. This blog gets its beginnings from my Etsy shop and all the wonderful finds and friends I have made there. Throughout the year I have been fortunate to be featured on many blogs and over time I plan to feature some of my favorite shops and artisans here on this blog.

No-tion -noun
1. a general understanding; vague or imperfect conception or idea of something
2. an opinion, view, or belief
3. conception or idea
4. a fanciful or foolish idea; whim
5. an ingenius article, device, or contrivance; knickknack
6. notions, small articles, as buttons, thread, ribbon and other personal items



Much of what you will find in this blog are my notions - a sprinkle of knickknacks, a dash of ideas, and a cup full of views. But what I hope you will find on this blog above all else is inspiration. I plan to include the simple, everyday things in life that inspire me.



I grew up on a farm in southwest Kansas. I love the prairie. I feel the prairie has played a big part into shaping me into the person I am today. Growing up working the ground and having the faith the seeds you plant today will be the harvest you reap tomorrow. With the prairie comes wind and the winds of change have blown my life in many directions. First separting me from those Kansas sunsets to find myself among the majestic mountains of Montana. I love Montana. Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to sharing the simple pleasures in our everyday life with you during our time together.

Please take a moment to visit these featured Etsy Shops:
For the Vintage Coffee Canister visit:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/nellielovesvintage
For the 1800s Antique Button Rings visit:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/vaartsuppliescom
For the Fence Post in the Grass and other fine photography visit:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/judemcconkey

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Your new blog looks so wonderful. I enjoyed your post very much. I have been blogging for 2 1/2 years and it is such a huge gift. Meeting wonderful people all over the world and finding inspiration is just part of what can happen. Wishing you a lovely time blogging. (ps i am part of the MT etsy team)

    Tammie

    ReplyDelete