Background

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Daily Inspiration from a 4 Year Old


This is the time of year that mother's begin recieving those special handmade gifts from their kids.  I just recieved one such gift from my four-year-old daughter.  It was a marigold that her preschool teacher helped her lovingly plant in a play-doh cup.  My daughter had decorated the cup and on it were the words, "I love my mom because she makes me oatmeal for breakfast."
I can't begin to tell you how many days I make the oatmeal for her on auto-pilot. I am so busy getting everyone out the door in the morning I don't stop and think about the oatmeal. While I do want to be sure to send my kids out the door with a full belly, and since we live in Montana, something warm in them is a big plus, more often then not, it is simply a bowl of instant oatmeal I have heated in the microwave.   Before I was a stay at home mom, I was a social worker and I placed kids in foster care.  I now take for granted that my daughter starts her day with something warm in her tummy. There are so many kids out there that don't have that luxury.  I am blessed with knowing my daughter does not take her oatmeal for granted and I am thankful to her for reminding me that it truly is the simple everyday joys that we often take for granted that make life worthwhile.
Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there. Please feel free to share your favorite saying or everyday joy from your child with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment